VA Mortgage Loans
Designed to offer long-term financing to American Veterans, the VA mortgage loans are issued by federally qualified lenders and are guaranteed by the U.S. Veterans Administration. A VA loan provides veterans and/or their surviving spouses with a federally guaranteed home with little or zero down payment. The program, also referred to as the GI Bill, has been highly successful and has helped millions of American Veterans and their families to purchase a home. The VA determines eligibility and issues a certificate to qualifying applicants to submit to their mortgage lender. It is generally easier to qualify for a VA loan than conventional loans. We can help you get the certificate if you need one.
Advantages of VA Loan:
- No prepayment penalties
- Down payment is not required
- Low interest rates.
- No monthly mortgage insurance premiums.
- Limitations on the buyer’s closing
FHA Mortgage Loans
FHA mortgage loans are issued by federally qualified lenders and insured by the U.S. Federal Housing Authority, a division of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. FHA loans are fixed rate mortgages and an attractive option for many home buyers, especially for first-time home buyers of low or moderate incomes. This loan program is a great option for individuals with poor credit, FHA loans require a credit score of 580 and above.
- Generally easier to qualify for than conventional loans.
- Have lower down payment requirements (generally 3%, which can come from gift money from a relative if needed).
- Interest rates are usually lower than standard fixed rate loans.
- Programs are available for single family or multi-family homes.
- Government guaranteed by FHA.
- Cannot exceed statutory rate limits.
- The FHA 203k loan program is the primary program for handyman specials and fixer-uppers.
USDA – Rural Development Mortgage Loans
The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) offers a variety of programs to help low to moderate income individuals living in small towns or rural areas become homeowners. The Rural Development (RD) helps qualifying applicants, who cannot receive credit from other sources, purchase modestly priced homes as their primary residence.
USDA RD Loan advantages include:
- Minimal closing costs
- Low down payment required
USDA RD loans can be used toward the purchase and renovation of a previously owned home or a new construction purchase. Families must be able to pay their monthly mortgage, homeowner’s insurance and property taxes.